Anyone with a serious taste for visual entertainment dreams of one day having their own entertainment room. Home theaters, media rooms and even custom video gaming rooms make up some of the vast entertainment options available on the luxury home market. The term home theater and media room are often used interchangeably. Though they are technically different, many entertainment rooms are customized to meet the homeowners’ unique needs. Modern entertainment rooms include everything from snack bars to full blown pubs to provide the ultimate home entertainment experience.
Some of the Las Vegas luxury homes with home theaters boast smart home features and technology that rival their local movie theater. Media rooms equipped with the latest computer hardware, HD/3D televisions, game consoles and Bluray players are not uncommon in today’s high-end real estate market. If you’re searching for Las Vegas luxury homes with media rooms and home theaters, you certainly have a wide range of options to choose from.
Modern Home Theaters
Home theaters are more or less ‘miniature’ theaters built in a home setting. Home theaters are a bit different from media rooms. A home theater is a dedicated space that can be sealed off from the rest of the home and is centrally optimized to reproduce cinema-quality picture and sound. The construction of the home is often built to accommodate and benefit how its projection system displays the media, producing the best home viewing experience possible.
Las Vegas luxury homes with home theaters often include:
- Large video displays, typically set at the optimum viewing height and distance from the seats.
- Noise-isolating construction, which helps boost the sound emitting from the surround sound system.
- Acoustic treatments for the surround sound system.
- Rows of comfortable seats, recliners or sofas.
- A movie lighting system that will allow the room to become ‘pitch black.’
- Noise-reduction treatments for the room’s HVAC systems.
- A robust surround sound system and speakers with optimal multi-channel support for soundtracks.
Entertainment & Media Rooms
Media rooms, on the other hand, tend to be more casual than your typical home theater. This area is designed to serve as a space for people to watch television, listen to music or play with interactive media like video games. Media rooms are also more versatile than your typical home theater, and don’t necessarily require a dedicated room. Many media rooms serve as living rooms or family rooms within luxury homes.
Luxury homes with media rooms typically include:
- Smaller video displays than those found in home theaters.
- Smaller and/or space-efficient seats, such as L-shaped sofas.
- A simple surround sound system.
- Simple lighting fixtures, which are more suited for a media room.
- Less sound isolating measures, meaning that the room’s construction doesn’t allow sound to stay isolated in the room, which is often the case with home theaters.
Media rooms are, in other words, a more casual affair. If you’re not interested in having a more dedicated (and resource-intensive) home theater, a media room may be exactly what you’re looking for.
Contact the Dream Homes Specialist
If you’re interested in learning more about available Las Vegas luxury homes with home theaters and media rooms, contact the Dream Homes Specialist, Gavin Ernstone, today. Call (702) 523.3677 now to speak directly with Gavin about your luxury home needs and preferences.
Browse available homes now on our luxury properties page.